I'm soooo excited about my upcoming vacation to Costa Rica. I just booked 2 weeks (6 days in the Arenal area Hotel Royal Corin, 6 days RIU all inclusive Guancaste area). We will be traveling from 5/21 - 6/2 and can hardly wait for May to get here.
I will be traveling with my fiance, we're both in our late 20's and will be up for adventure. There are a couple of questions I have:
- What is the best way to book transportation from SJO to our hotel in Arenal? Same question apply for our transportation from hotel to LIB airport? What is the normal rate? Will it be a bad idea to hail a regular cab from the airport..will that be hard to locate? rate?
- How long is ride from SJO to Royal Corin Arenal? How long is the ride from RIU hotel to LIB Airport? Allocating time to make sure I arrive on time for my scheduled flights.
- Any great tour companies for Arenal or Guancaste area will be greatly appreciated. We are NOT planning on renting a car so transportation will need to be provided by the tours (hopefully not for an additional cost).
- Water! Will i be able to safely drink the tap water from Costa Rica? Or, is it best to purchase bottled water. Is there any sort of supermarket in which I can purchase this near both of our hotel?
- Any feedback/tips for the Royal Corin and Riu Hotel is warmly welcomed.
Thank you in advance for your valued advice!