We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in Costa Rica...

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation in Costa Rica...

If you going to costa rica and plan to travel and stay in several different places i recommend hiring a driver. We had considered renting a car but were glad we did not as driving in costa rica can be tough and stressful. Certain roads close sometimes (the new highway was closed because part of the road collapsed) and we wouldn't have known that. Also, there are very few signs and it gets dark around 5 pm. It was also very foggy with narrow curvy streets in many areas.

We hired Leonardo "Leo" Rodriguez to take us from san jose to arenal. then arenal to jaco. Jaco to manuel antonio and finally from manuel antonio to san jose (over the course of a week). He was very informative, always on time, and gave us a better rate than several others i got quotes from. His email is leratravelcr@yahoo.com and his phone number is 506-8378-0001 .

He also does tours, hiking, and many other things if you are interested. He is highly recommended. This option may be slightly may expense than renting a car but was by far a better option for my wife and I.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation in Costa Rica...

the good thing about costa rica is that there are options for everyone, if you want transportation, or rent a car or go with a sitting bus, or even local flights and charter flights,

hope that you come back to costa rica soon !!!

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation in Costa Rica...

Who recommended Leo to you? Is he with a travel group?

I need transportation from arenal to Guanacaste

Website?

Thanks

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation in Costa Rica...

Also check out DesAfio, I just started using them for Transport and they're great! We've used them for over a year for tours but their cars are always in great condition, they're professional and on-time! http://www.desafiocostarica.com just click on the Transport tab at the top. ;-) Enjoy!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

4. Re: Transportation in Costa Rica...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:16