We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

frisco
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

I will be staying at this resort soon. I've tried to find a link of excursions that can be taken in this area. Nothing came up. I need to know about zip lines, tours.. atv tours ect...or is this not the location to stay if you want to venture outside the resort?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

Their is an able Tour Desk at the hotel who will send you anywhere, sometimes too far away. You're right about the lack of a good site for local tours. There is a new one being built, but it'll be several months before ready. In the meantime, look under Things to Do in Tripadvisor and you'll find a lot on your own.

Word of advice, there are close tours (10-30 minutes), medium distance tours (90-minutes), and day or overnight (5 hours). What I'm getting at is don't let them send you on a far away tours, when there are less-expensive ones close by. However, it is true that for some of the best and biggest Costa Rican adventure tours, you'll need to travel. Your decision...

A case in point, is the Pinilla Canopy Tour which is only 10-minutes from the front gate. If you don't want to travel so far and a nice close by canopy is all you need... ask for what you want. Just pointing out choices.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

Take a taxi or rent a car...and visit Tamarindo beach...walk around and maybe stop by some tour operators offices...they may have better options and prices than the In house Travel Agency at Marriot..

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

You can travel to one of four National Parks that are 3 hours or less from the JW Marriott: Palo Verde, Rincon de la Vieja, Miravalles and Tenorio (closest one first). You can go to any of these on your own or with a tour. Check here for more information www.costarica-nationalparks.com

For tour operators, you can also look at www.papagayovargastours.com or www.malekutours.com

A popular tour to the Rincon de la Vieja area is called the Mega Combo Tour which is a very active day, as it sounds. Hacienda Guachepelin is an excellent destination near Rincon de la Vieja.

In the Miravalles area, you can also visit the geo-thermal electric plant there.

For diving, Tamarindo or Playas del Coco.

Chapin, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

Hubby and I are looking to visit this resort. Do you recommend or can you give us any other recommendations in Costa Rica? Thank you,

5. Re: JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:41