We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guanacaste hotel

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Guanacaste hotel

We are trying to decide on a good place to stay for our 20th anniversary. We will have seen Arenal with hiking and zipline, Monteverde, or Tortuguero. perhaps the Pacuare river rafting. We plan to stay at either Silecio del a Campo, or Arenal Observatory Lodge. Aninga Lodge, or poco a Poco.

Can you recommend a place to stay in Guanacaste for two to four days around Dec 14th 2011? We plan to fly out of Liberia in the afternoon.

El Santuario Canopy Adventure Tour
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Sky Adventures - Arenal Park
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
MidWorld Costa Rica
Canyons, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Other Outdoor Activities
Guanacaste Viajes & Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guanacaste hotel

In Guanacaste many beaches...I really like Tamarindo...and a good place there Hotel Tamarindo Diria...great location...and it is a Tamarindo landmark...

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guanacaste hotel

What do you like about the Tamarindo Diria?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guanacaste hotel

I took a look at the website, it sure looks nice. They didn't seem to have any pricing info though.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guanacaste hotel

I'm not that big a fan of the Daria. I've stayed there twice. The rooms are nice, but the beachside pool and bar are always super crowded and service has been more than louzy both times I stayed there.

However, I would stay there again....in their condos across the street! The pool there is much more beautiful and no crowds! I guess everyone else likes the small crowded beach pool!

My favorite hotel in the area (so far) is Capitan Suizo. Wonderful property, rooms and service, and right on the beach too!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guanacaste hotel

I like the central location...you can walk to bars, restaurants, shops....some nice beach chairs just steps away from the water...

I have had stay there since I was a kid....maybe well over 40 years ...and every time is great...

I do not like some places in Tamarindo...that are not flexible at all...terrible to dealt with them...

Yes you can try the Diria Condos...

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guanacaste hotel

Relax and get spoiled at Westin Playa Conchal.

Edited: 18 June 2011, 19:36
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guanacaste hotel

I;m afraid the Paradisius/Westin Playa conchal at $375 per night is a bit above my price range.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guanacaste hotel

Capitan Suizo looks very nice, but no rooms during our timeframe.

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
276 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guanacaste hotel

Capitan Suizo is an excellent choice---try calling direct ask for Raul, maybe he can fit you in

Fredericton
Level Contributor
168 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guanacaste hotel

We stayed at Los Altos de Eros in November. Very romantic- highly recommended.