We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day Costa Rica Trip

texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
3 day Costa Rica Trip

Last minute airfare specials are available to us for 3 day trips (Sat-Tues) , sometimes to Liberia and sometimes to San Jose. What would be the best place to go for the 3 days from each city? It is our family of 4 but our kids are 17 and 21. We like activity and only lay on a beach for a limited time.

Can we be comfortable renting a car or would it be better to use a service?

Thanks for your help.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day Costa Rica Trip

I would say fly into Liberia, beaches are closer to the airport. Renting a car is fine, no worries really. Some nice beaches within an hour drive from the airport. IMO best bet for such limited time. Check Playa Conchal, really nice beach there.

Cheers

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day Costa Rica Trip

I agree with Incabod, fly into Liberia and hit one of the local beaches for a few days (Playa Flamingo, Tamarindo, etc) and then maybe spend a night by Rincon de la Vieja for volcano & hot springs....still not far from the airport. This will let you experience two different areas in CR within a short time frame. :-) Enjoy!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day Costa Rica Trip

I´m sorry I did answer your other post...sorry..

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 day Costa Rica Trip

Agree with flying into Liberia. Check out the beaches recommended by Wendy and look here also - www.nicoyapeninsula.com

From any of the northern beaches, you can easily make day trips to four National Parks - Rincon de la Vieja (www.rincondelavieja.net) Miravalles (www.volcanoadventuretour.com) Tenorio or Palo Verde.

I wouldn't plan on doing a day trip to Arena - just too much driving and you can see and do pretty much the same thing at Rincon de la Vieja with some exceptions.

texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 day Costa Rica Trip

Thanks for everyone's help and great recommendations. We'll target Liberia and try a combination of staying at the beaches and some day trips. No specials to CR this week, keeping my fingers crossed for

6. Re: 3 day Costa Rica Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 14:17