We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice regarding itenerary

Chattanooga
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice regarding itenerary

My wife & I are planning a trip to CR in Jan. 2012. Seeking input for places to stay in the following locations.

1. San Jose---we are looking at the Adventure Inn for 2 nights after we first arrive. Will rent a car through Adventure Inn. Will possibly see local volcanoes & tour San Jose.

2. From San Jose we plan to drive to Hotel Vista Golfo in Puntarenas for 2 nights to do zip line, horseback riding.

3. Then we travel to Arenal volcano area in La Fortuna for 2 nights. 4. Next we drive to Manuel Antonio Beach for 3 nights.

5. Last night we return to Adventure Inn in San Jose for flight next day.

Would appreciate any comments regarding hotels/motels in $100-

$150 price range for the areas we've listed above.

Our plan includes the rain forest at Vista Golfo, the volcanoes at Arenal, the beach at Manuel Antonio ( which we hear is the prettiest) and the capital.

Are there any other "not to be missed" sites or activities which we need to include? We are seeking comments & advice. Is this a doable plan? This will be our first trip to CR.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice regarding itenerary

Nice itinerary...and since you will have a car...a lot of places to stay...in Arenal...maybe nice somenthing not to far from town...nice good place Hotel La Fortuna...Arenal Volcano and Gardens...Los Lagos...

Manuel Antonio...The Falls...La Posada Inn...Verde Mar...Cabinas Hotel Espadillas...Hotel El Bosque...Hotel San Bada...Inn On the Park...

Of course on the way to Manuel Antonio...a stop at Tarcoles river bridge is a most...

It is a 100% doable itinerary...and a good one...

Sorry for my English...I´m a 100% costarican native...

roadadvisor

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice regarding itenerary

Not in love with your itinerary. It appears that you have 3 nites in the SJO area; in my opinion way too many! SJO is not really a must see in Costa Rica. Why Puntarenas? If it were me, I would do Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and spend the last nite in SJO before flying out the next morning. I am sure others will chime in.

3. Re: Need advice regarding itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 14:16