We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Stevenson Ranch...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Planning on visiting Costa Rica and would like to stay at an all inclusive resort that has everything to offer. Looking at the Westin. It looks great online. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,731 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Westin Conchal...in my humble opinion is the best AI in our country!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Conchal Hotel
Conchal Hotel
592 Reviews
Brasilito, Costa Rica
Stevenson Ranch...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Hi Roadadvisor!

Is this the only AI Westin in CR? Also I read that it is going through a refurbishing. Any comments on that?

Thank you for all your advise.

Julie

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

our first visit to CR, would love to stay at AI first trip till we get the feel of it.

any new AI in CR?

hope to travel in October..

thanks,

Cheryl

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,731 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Jules...Westin Conchal...is a huge resort...always somenthing new is going on...they just change management company...and become Westin...some works aaround pools and general maintanance...if you are planning to be here by December...everything is going to be just great...and ready for you guys...

Cheryl...maybe you can check RIU...is our newest AI...big resort...kind of La Vegas...style...but is huge...nice beach Matapalo...not much going on...about 30 minutes by car from Coco´s beach...the nearest town...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Conchal Hotel
Conchal Hotel
592 Reviews
Brasilito, Costa Rica
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
7,169 Reviews
Playa Matapalo, Costa Rica
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

I stayed at the Westin 3 weeks after the refurbishment started. Didn't affect our ability to have a great time in a beautiful resort on a beautiful beach. The staff were very very helpful and friendly. I'd go back in a second. Pura vida!

Mentioned in this post
Pura Vida Hotel
Pura Vida Hotel
828 Reviews
Alajuela, Costa Rica
San Bernardino...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

I have heard a lot of negative comments about riu are they valid. Is the westin a better choice. Going in August

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Hello! My fiance and I are looking into a honeymoon in Costa Rica this April. We are beach bums but looking for some adventure as well. We were impressed by the photos and reviews on The Westin Conchal Resort but neither of us are golfers. Is it still worth us looking into or can someone recommend another great honeymoon all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica?

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Conchal Hotel
Conchal Hotel
592 Reviews
Brasilito, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

The Westin is in great shape and a good choice for AI in Costa Rica.

Not sure if the JW is still offering AI options, but for me in terms of luxury, beach and design, the Four Seasons and JW are the top big resorts, w/ the Westin coming in behind it.

The Hilton Papagayo is also well-run, clean rooms, good enough food. Beach isn't nearly as nice, but it is very calm.

After that I'd put the Occidental next, and finally the Allegro, RIU and Barcelo's picking up the rear.

The RIU is on a not-very-appealing bit of beach and had some major environmental and labor problems in construction

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
7,169 Reviews
Playa Matapalo, Costa Rica
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

Check the reviews from travelers that have stayed at each! That will give you a better idea from a traveller perspective!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
307 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort in Costa Rica with best beach?

JW Marriott doesn't offer an AI for every market. Westin Playa Conchal is definitely on one of the premier beaches in the country and is up there in terms of the most upscale all inclusive resorts available. Los Suenos Marriott does offer an inclusive plan but there are some restrictions and their beach isn't as nice as Conchal but it is really centrally located for access to a lot of different activities (plus air into SJO is usually cheaper than LIR). The golf course at Conchal while a very nice one, isn't normally included in the rates unless they're running a promo with golf, and its not really part of the main resort area. Plenty of people go to the Westin and don't bother with the golf at all

I really do love the Hilton Papagayo though, while the beach is black sand, the food and sevice are top notch and they have some unpublished Jr Suite rooms with private plunge pools that are amazing for honeymooners. Its more intimate, and I think has more of the destination feel to it. If you were considering something on an EP/BP plan basis (something more local in style), you might consider Cala Luna and Bosque del Mar in the area

Mentioned in this post
Playa Conchal
Playa Conchal
1,164 Reviews
Playa Conchal, Costa Rica
Los Suenos
Los Suenos
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Conchal Hotel
Conchal Hotel
592 Reviews
Brasilito, Costa Rica