We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

indianapolis
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

We are Planning our 7 day trip to costa rica this December. We are going spend the first three in arenal area. For the beach portion we can't decide between manuel antonio and tamarindo. please help us. we want to relax at a beautiful beach and do some watersports and a sunset cruise. whats the best place for that?

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

Tamarindo is closer to Arenal than Manuel Antonio. Try flying in SJO and out LIR.

Many options at Tamarindo, I vote for Tamarindo.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

Manuel Antonio for sure. I know it is a bit further travel fro Arenal than to Tamarindo but SO much prettier.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

I agree, MA is much prettier than Tamarindo, and plenty of things to do in the area! More wildlife too!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

If you fly out of LIR...of course Tamarindo!

roadadvisor

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

My vote Tamarindo...sunset sails ...try googling Marlin del Rey/Blue

Dolphin...plus zipping at Hacienda Guachipelin...total adrenilan buzz..

Wherever you end up Im sure Costa Rica will deliver in bucket loads..

Happy Travels

KCC

Edited: 28 July 2011, 18:08
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

What kind of "watersports" are you interested in. Both have beautiful beaches and sunset cruises. Tamarindo is a lot closer if you fly into the international airport in Liberia. The flat geographical layout and the fact it's only 1.5 miles from end to end means you don't necessarily need to rent a car. It's a beach person's town with lots of great restaurant and only 20-minutes from several canopy tours. It's a convenient hub location for many popular areas. Manual Antonio is also a beautiful area with majestic cliffs, beautiful beaches, and a national park. Either one is a good pick.

Edited: 28 July 2011, 18:52
indianapolis
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

Thanks everyone.

For watersports we want to jet ski and parasail. based on the advice given I think we are going with Tamarindo because we are flying out of LIB.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

I have not seen jet ski anywhere here, but did see Parasail in MA, but as you say, if flying out of Liberia, Tamarindo area is best for you! Enjoy!

9. Re: tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 23:17