We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

house rentals!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
house rentals!

im planning a trip to Costa Rica on Nov 2011. i want to rent a house for the week. i wanted to know if is safe? has anyone rented a house and had a good experience?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: house rentals!

Excuse my question...where in Costa Rica?

Some areas are maybe better than others...like any where now days around the world...

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: house rentals!

VRBO has lots of listings.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: house rentals!

Check the "Vacation Rentals" tab above.

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
323 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: house rentals!

There are lote of sites for house rentals. We have rented the last 4 times we have been to Costa Rica. I don't know where you are planning on vacationing but all of our rentals have been in Guanacaste (Hermosa, Langosta, Tamarindo and Flamingo). Most of these rentals have been in gated communities or have security at entrances and we always felt very safe.

Some good places to start your search are right here in Trip Advisor, or vrbo.com , greatrentals.com , homeaway.com . Look for positive reviews and in most cases you can call talk with the owner or property manager if you have questions. Last year we rented from http://www.milagrorentalscostarica.com/ . We were vacationing with another couple in the Playa Hermosa area (Guanacaste). The house was fabulous, reasonable, had 3 bedrooms and baths, infinity edge pool with swim up bar and a fantastic view. We are going again this November 5-12 and since it is only the 2 of us, we rented a condo from www.bluewaterpropertiesofcostarica.com/ . They specialize in the Flamingo, Conchal, Brasilito and Portrero areas. Another good site is http://www.vacationrentalsoftamarindo.com/ . We always vacation in Early or mid November. This is just before peak season, near the end of the rainy season, and the rates are great. Since it is before peak season the places where we have stayed and visited are never crowded. We absolutely love vacationing in Costa Rica, and provided you take all reasonable precautions that you would anywhere you travel, feel safe driving and exploring this beautiful country.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: house rentals!

House rentals in Costa Rica are safe, provided you choose a well-reputed rental company.

Check out flipkey.com for tons of amazing rentals in Costa Rica. Flipkey is affiliated with tripadvisor, and the site is great for rentals.

Have fun on your trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: house rentals!

IMO the best combination of quality beach/ safety /quality rental offerings are in Conchal, Flamingo, Tamarindo and Pinilla.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: house rentals!

This will be my first time in Costa Rica. Im note sure where is the best place to stay at Costa Rica. i want something away from the city, close to the beach i just want to relax and enjoy nature. i have never rented a house for a vacation so my main concern is safety. What part of Costa Rica will you recommend? thank you

maryland
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: house rentals!

Let me second Blue Water Properties. Becky and her staff will help with anything your trip requires. Not only does this area have some of the better beaches in Costa Rica but it is also among the driest in Costa Rica during November. My family spends several weeks each year in Flamingo and have never felt unsafe.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: house rentals!

We just returned from five weeks in Costa Rica. We rented a house in Playa Grande and had no problems. I say go for it.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: house rentals!

try this people

http://www.guanacastevacationhomes.com/

in conchal,flamingo area or

RPM in langosta or tamarindo}

http://www.tamarindo.com/rpm/