We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywherecostarica.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
513 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Anywherecostarica.com

HI,

To the TA's and to anyone who used the anyhwerecostarica.com. Can you tell me how good or trusful can be. Just because of the transportation (Liberia airport to Monteverde, Arenal to Tamarindo, and then back to the airport) i need to be sure about pick up and drop-off and I traveling by myself much mature but very well travel but not for 4 hours in small roads, through forestry etc you know what I mean). I check the site i found the members of the team and also the person who is helping me. Can anybody assured me that going with them is a good choice. I thank you

Costa Rica Best Trips
Boat Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Guanacaste Viajes & Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Maleku Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
Issys Tours Costa Rica
Taxis & Shuttles, River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

Very good company, no worries. Hattie, DE on the forum likes them a lot and recommends them and their sister sites Arenal.net and others often.

I have no personal experience with them but know folks who have, good rep.

Cheers

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

7 trips to CR and have used them for transportation, activities, hotels, etc. I also have just needed info and have had super conversations with them. Would not hesitate in sending anyone I know thru them. Make sure you give them your itinerary, dates, and hotel names, if anything needs to change due to weather, they will call your hotel to let you know.

Edited: 22 August 2011, 03:16
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

I have used them to make hotel reservations where the hotel does not have online payment and also used them for booking transportation. They have always been efficient and with excellent customer service. I liked the fact that they have a online "chat" function if you need to "speak" with someone.

I recommend them frequently to people looking for shared van shuttle service because they use more than one service for booking a trip. I recommend them also for just general information on various parts of Costa Rica because I think they provide good information.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
513 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

Hi,

If I do understand (sorry my english is my 6the language), they book the shuttle buses, the hotels and if I want some tours. fiesty10 where she is saying :Make sure you give them your itinerary, dates, and hotel names" I am confuse as they are naming the hotels. The reason I am saying is that when I check the hotel given by them and the reviews on the TA was kind of poor for this hotel Zullymar Hotel I gave them a hotel that I found and the response was sorry we do not have a deal with that hotel which means I have to accept whatever is given by them? I told them if they can found a better hotel? I am still waiting for an answer ........thank you for any correction and my apologies ......

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,651 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

Very good point...they do not work with some hotels...since they may do not get a good commision...they will push for hotels that they have good commisions...nothing wrong with that, but some times help somebody make some money ...sacrificing your vacation quality is not good idea...

You can deal directly with the hotel...any hotel...I do not think you have to do or stay at every place they make good money!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

As roadadvisor says, really no need to book any hotel through any agency. Booking direct is always best, if possible.

I used them to book a hotel that didn't have an online payment option. It was a hotel where I had stayed before so really not an issue with me. Kind of a different story.

All agencies like to work with certain hotels and will recommend them. It's pretty easy to find a hotel that suits you and just book directly. For smaller hotels, this may not always be possible to do online but may require an email or phone call or FAX. Not really a big deal.

You can book your transportation by shuttle with them and book tours also, if you like. I recommend them for booking transportation because they use more than one shuttle service which gives you more options and on the same page, you can book private transportation or flights. Of course, you can do all this separately and on your own. No problem.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
513 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

As HattieCosta Rica says "You can book your transportation by shuttle with them and book tours also, if you like. I recommend them for booking transportation because they use more than one shuttle service which gives you more options and on the same page, you can book private transportation or flights" I will contact them by actually calling them.

I've been traveling all over Europe and I do not have problems with any hotel booking, trains, eurostar, flights etc., The only reason I have problem with this trip is the transportation that's why I though by doing through them I will be safe and secure to be picked up and drop off as I am traveling alone and the driving is too many hours through unknown territories. Is not like when I picked the car in Amsterdam and drive to Brussels when the are so many cars driving on the hwy......From what above note says that I can book with them just the transportation I doubt as you they have to make some commission......I will call them as they have the dates and hours when to call. I thank you all and I just do not want to give up.......thank you to all

8. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2011, 18:32
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

Hello,

I am about to book with anywherecostarica.com for my honeymoon. I just want to be sure it is a trustworthy site and we are not going to get scammed when we arrive in Costa Rica. Can you please let me know? Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anywherecostarica.com

Good company, no worries at all. Cheers and congrats.