We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Right Now?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Weather Right Now?

I'm thinking of making a last minute trip next week -- but I am worried it will be completely rained out based on the weather reports! Anyone on the ground now able to share some insights about current weather in Arenal and the coasts?

Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Right Now?

I'am at the Hilton Papagayo and the weather this week has been sun in the morning with rain from 3-7. A couple of days a short shower around 1 and then dry until 3. Next week I will be in Arenal area and am expecting alot more rain.

Hope this helps.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Right Now?

I drove lñast night to Uvita...nice weather...some showers around Jaco and Hermosa...but not much rain...just good enough..

Monteerde I went there 2 days ago...and it was great!

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Right Now?

In La Fortuna/Volcano Arenal area has been beautiful the last few days with rains coming in the late afternoons. Today and tomorrow the news says it's supposed to rain more because of a Hurricane Irene but that's about it. :-) Just come and enjoy!

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Right Now?

Caribe Sur has had great weather lately and we are not even in the best months September and October.

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Right Now?

I've been in Corcovado National Park this week. It's been nothing but heavy rain. The rivers are too full for vehicles to cross. We had to fly out of the park or be stranded. Heavy rain through out the Osa Peninsula.

Hope this helps,

Pura Vida,

Ballardo

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Right Now?

Uvita on the south pacific has had afternoon rains starting about 3 / 4 pm a bit of rain this morning but cleared out followed by a storm between 4 and 530pm and no rain at the moment.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Right Now?

In Nosara it rained almost all day yesterday, but now it's beautiful sun. Going to walk my dog on the beach....

8. Re: Weather Right Now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 12:16