We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

What many people do not realize is that the weather on Costa Rica’s Caribbean side is quite different from the rest of the country. When it is rainy season on the Pacific side it’s dry and sunny here in the Caribbean, where I live. Yet the temperatures are milder than mid summer. Ask anyone else who lives here, September is the most beautiful month of the year.

In September and often into mid October, the skies are bright and sunny and the water is calm and clear. Yesterday I was at everybody’s favorite beach in Punta Uva and it was like a HUGE swimming pool. There were families out for a Sunday picnic; there was a beach wedding held in the afternoon, yet the beach was not too crowded for a lovely swim. And there’s river there that flows into the ocean - with a rope swing - the kid’s favorite.

All year long Puerto Viejo is a great place to go with its good restaurants, great live music every night and warm friendly people. But if you come in September you have the special bonus of practically perfect weather every day. I hope to see you here soon!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

Thank you Lisa...I admire the love you have for our country...GRACIAS!

roadadvisor

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

Thank you, roadadvisor. I really do love Costa Rica. Recently, in another forum, people were comparing Costa Ricas's two coasts and debating on which was better. Of course I like the Caribbean better - that is where I live. But truly, every part of Costa Rica has wonderful people and amazing beauty. We are very fortunate to have such varied climate and terrain. Some people don't like the heat but they love the fresh mountain air. Others like the vast open beaches and the many amenities found on the Pacific side. I prefer a place less developed, with exotic jungles that crawl right up to the ocean shore. There is something for everyone. And that is only one reason why I love Costa Rica!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

My husband and I are coming for our first visit to the Caribbean side of CR this week-can't wait! :-) We live in La Fortuna and absolutely love it and we're looking forward to exploring more of this beautiful country that we're fortunate enough to call home. :-)

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

Bienvenidos, Wendy. The weather is absolutely lovely right now. Let me know if you need any suggestions on where to stay or what to do. I'm happy to help!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

I visited your side in October once, great weather and vibe.

Cheers

6. Re: NOW is the Time to Visit the Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 11:19