We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cloudy skies in forecast...

Boston
Level Contributor
210 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cloudy skies in forecast...

Hello,

I am finally headed off for my trip soon! We leave on Wednesday and will be in CR for nine days. Right now, the weather forecast looks to be cloudy every single day. :-( I really wanted to work on my tan so I am terribly disappointed. What is typical in CR this time of year? Could that be wrong and maybe it will blow over for some sun?

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cloudy skies in forecast...

You are talking about a country full of microclimates. It might be cloudy in San Jose, raining lightly in Monteverde area, downpours in Tortuguero, and perfectly sunny in Tamarindo at the same time. How would any of us know? And how often are the weather forecasters right anyway? Enjoy your trip and don't worry about the weather!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cloudy skies in forecast...

Where in CR are you headed? The Central Valley is experiencing cooler weather and rain which should continue for another day or two. In Manuel Antonio, we've not had rain for several days and sunny although partly cloudy today. Don't let that fool you, you can still get burned in the shade! Bring your SPF, you'll need it! Lisa in M. Antonio

Rhody
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cloudy skies in forecast...

My trip from Feb 9 to Feb 16 encompassing San Jose, Arenal, and Manuel Antonio was wall to wall sunshine. The forcasts were for partly cloudy skies. It was quite cool in San Jose and at night in Arenal (the hot springs take care of that though).

Have a great time.