We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to plan my Costa Rica trip 2012

St.Louis
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How to plan my Costa Rica trip 2012

I am so confused! We want to travel to Costa Rica in 2012 and want to see valcanoes, beaches, rainforest and if possible do a whale watching tour. What is the best places to see all of these. We are going to rent a vehicle and drive. I would appreciate any suggetions on how to pick the right places.

Thank you, Carol

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,815 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to plan my Costa Rica trip 2012

You can do Arenal and then head South to the Dominical area. That is all you need to accomplish what you are looking for. You get your volcano, and then you get beaches, rain forest in Dominical and also the whale watching you want to do can be done from that area.

Driving is a great way to go, see more and do more on vacation this way.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to plan my Costa Rica trip 2012

MAybe you can do,,,SJO...Arenal...about 3 hours drive...then to Manuel Antonio about 4 hours drive...than to UVITA about 1 hour drive....back to SJO about 4 hours drive...

In UVITA I love tikivillas great amizing views...and from tikivillas you can take the Whale Watching tour...or a nice boat tour to Caño Island...

Arenal...many places to stay depending on your budget...Lost Iguana...Arenal Nayara..Arenal Observatory Lodge...Los Lagos..Arenal Volcano Lodge and GArdens....in the affordable side Hotel La Fortuna...El Sesteo...

Manuel Antonio...La Posada Inn...Inn On the Park...Hotel San Bada...Arenas del Mar..The Falls...SUU...Los Altos...El Parador...

You can rent a car is a great way to see our country!

roadadvisor

St.Louis
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to plan my Costa Rica trip 2012

Thanks for the info! Your info is making it much easier to p,an my trip.

4. Re: How to plan my Costa Rica trip 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 07:18