We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tachiz Travel

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tachiz Travel

Has anybody used them before and what was your experience like? I can't find anything on them here on the site. I did do a google search and found their blog, but TA testimonials would be great :)

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tachiz Travel

As far as I know this is a new company. I have never heard of them until a recent new member started posting the link...

If they are good or not? No idea. Hopefully someone can chime in on it.

Here's my list of companies I dig and forum recommended agencies

Horizontes – http://www.horizontes.com/eng/ - super green company, offers packages, involved with community programs, good company & good folks

Crreferals – http://www.crreferrals.com/ - fav for custom planning, has packages, involved with animal rescue, good company & good folks

Actuar - www.actuarcostarica.com/app/cms/www/index.php Off the beaten path rural tourism, involved with community programs, good company, good folks.

Caravan – http://www.caravan.com/ - Best for larger group tours up to 30. Excellent reputation and well respected. Awesome at what they do.

Costa Rica Expeditions – www.costaricaexpeditions.com/wl3/index.php - High end trip planner, owns some of there own lodges, has won many awards, great reviews in the forum.

Other companies recommended - tripadvisor.com/Travel-g291982-c117989/Costa…

Cheers

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tachiz Travel

Costa Rica is one of those countries where a tourist / traveller does not need an agency. It is very self-travelling friendly. Accommodations is easy to book directly, if a specific place does not have a web site then just skip it. Each lodge or owner will be more then happy to assist you with booking of activities. There is good public bus transportation system plus several shuttle companies and many private drivers for those that do not want to rent a car.

3. Re: Tachiz Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 16:35
Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tachiz Travel

OP, just ask them for their ICT registration number...they should respond right away to an email enquiry if you are interested in their services. They could also be owned by another company/corporation.

Good Luck with your travel plans.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tachiz Travel

Recently a person have had been posting about them...in my case I have never hear anything about them...good or bad...

NO ICT basically they are not control by nobody and not following ICT protocols...If you send money and they do not pay hotels and services...will be virtually immposible for ICT people or a lawyer to find who they may be...or where they may be located.

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tachiz Travel

I would look also at their trajectory .... reviews in TA - if they are reviews running back a couple of years and they are good then no problem. All new reviews and no ICT number - then a problem.

ICT number is not a cure all. It's not like in the USA or Europe - here if you are an agency, you fill in a form and presto. The requirement was to have a registered company and a bank account.

For service providers like canopy, hotels, transportation and others it is MUCH more difficult and you should ask for the ICT number but also look at their profile in Tripadvisor.

Costa Rica is not as formal and many companies are not used to certification programs.

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tachiz Travel

OP, I did a little research and found Tachiz as a recommended company on one of CRs most respected and revered bank sites.. https:/…

I think you can deal with them with complete confidence, despite the apparent lack of an ICT endorsement, which often is nothing more than paying a fee, setting up a bank account, and linking the agency to the ICT site. Tachiz seems solid and a company worthy of your business.

Have a great holiday here in beautiful Costa Rica.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tachiz Travel

I am not sure that being listed on a bank website is a recommendation but just some kind of business arrangement where the bank promotes the business under some kind of business agreement.

I would check carefully for reviews, etc and see what you come up with. If there is nothing, then you would be taking chance. It could be great...... or not. Without some kind of history, it's hard to know.

".... respected and revered bank sites...."??

Edited: 23 September 2011, 19:08
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tachiz Travel

Sorry to said...but getting the ICT acreditation is not that simple...the company now days have to legally proff a lot of requirements...not such a thing like a bank account...and ready to go...no way ...

That is exactly the point...in the past a lot of saccmers even used the ICT as a shield...no any more...thanks God we are learning...

No phisicall office..no up to date with taxes...no insurance for employees and passengers...no proff of police records...among some of the requiremetns...you do not fullfeel all of them NO ICT

Very important the principal of a Travel Agency register by ICT has a to be a proffesional with a history on the industry...the ICT application has to be enodrse by a Lic. in Tourism is not such a think any more than you pay a fee...and go...no way Jose! Our govermnet is trying to clean a lot of foreign jokers and locals as well to try to scamm visitros...

Of course you can deal with a Tour Operator or Travel Agency without ICT...and even recommend by some people full of good faith...then if somenthing goes wrong...hopefullly the same people that recommend them and are full of good faith will refund your money!

Roadadvisor

Edited: 23 September 2011, 19:16
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tachiz Travel

Just to clarify to get a ICT DECLARATORIA TURISTICA ... now days it take around 6 months...no many scammers will goo the close screening by ICT...and also no many of them will even try...

That also includes...Municipal patentes...etc...etc...

roadadvisor