We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

New York, New York...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

Hi

My Husband and I are going to Tamarindo for a friends wedding in Feburary. Trip dates Feb 17-24, 7 nights total. We will stay in Tamarindo for the first half of the trip, 2/17-2/20, but then wanted to go to another location for the second half of our trip. were thinking of going to Arenal for a 3 nights. We are flying in an out of Liberia airport. Is this a feasible itinerary? Any other suggestions of places to go? Husband wants to see whales too, which i think we can do in Tamarindo. We wanted to combine beach with some adventure/nature. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Alexis

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

Great itinerary, and perfect for 7 nights. I'd recommend hiring a car for the Arenal part of the trip and dropping it at the airport.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

I think diver77's advice is great.

Good itinerary. It is nice to have a car in the Arenal area because things are so spread out. You can check the map at this website www.arenal.net to get an idea.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

Yes, Arenal is a great area to visit, many different activities to do there: Arenal Volcano hikes, hanging bridges, horseback riding, Fortuna Waterfall, Whitewater rafting, relaxing hot springs to name a few. Driving from Aren al to the Liberia airport should take you approx 4 hours.

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

OP, in answer to your question, you can go through/past the Montezuma/Santa Elena area, enjoy a break and check out the views. If you want, there is a great zip line there http://www.monteverdeextremo.com/ if time allows. Then as MikeA943 mentions, the Arenal area is full of things to do. make sure you take the water taxi across the lake to save time and see what a beautiful man-made lake Arenal is.

Have a great and safe holiday.

5. Re: Help with Tamarindo/guanacaste itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 06:17