We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

Has anybody heard of a photography tour company called Global photography tours? Found there website, at believe it or not,.. http://www.globalphotographytours.com and they have a interesting photo tours but do not know anything about them other then that.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

I do not know them but it looks like a pretty cool trip.

It seems a bit expensive for 8 days 7 nights but I do not know enough about photography to know if what you are getting in your guide, etc... warrants the price tag.

Hope more will chime in who has experience directly with them.

Don't forget to post your pics back here when you return, we want to see them!

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

Search a little more...looks nice but expensive...maybe you can find the same on your own...and find locals guides at each destination...

Never heard anything about them good or bad!...That does not mean they are bad...just be sure to ask for Government credentials...then you can verify who may be behind the whole operation...no credentials by ICT you can easily can loose all your money!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

It seems like a nice tour. Have a great trip!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,105 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

Photography workshop tours are never affordable. It has to be a small group and you are paying for the lessons in photography. If this is what you are looking for then go.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

I know the range of Roy Toft's photography trips to CR and that seems to be around the same range. Roy and his group were at Bosque del Cabo last year when I was there and he was with the group pretty much from sun up to sun down, very intensive. So your costs will be a lot higher than just transport, lodges, food etc cause you're paying for a hands-on experience.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

did you end up going? i came across thier website and was wondering about them, too. i have not found many people that know them, though. i was just wondering what you thought.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

did you end up going? i came across thier website and was wondering about them, too. i have not found many people that know them, though. i was just wondering what you thought.

Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

Yes I did go with them and they were excellent.. Adrian who was the instructor could not have been more patient with our group and that fact that he was a teacher before he was a photographer really helped with explaining some points... Just goes to show you I guess.. took a chance with them since I could not find out much about them and it worked out well.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,105 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

According to website the accommodation is not included in price, so for me the price tag is absolutely too high. Also, going to Peace Lodge gardens two days in a row is an overkill. Based on my knowledge I am sure that for that price you can stay, travel and get a local guide - many of them are also experts in photography.

10. Re: Costa Rica Photo Tour and Workshop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:17