My husband & I & our 18-yr-old daughter are planning a 2-week trip to C.R. in July 2012 to celebrate a 20th anniversary, a high school graduation, and two of our birthdays. I'd appreciate any comments you have on our intinerary:
1. One night in San Jose. In and out, that's it.
2. Two nights in Tortuguero at Mawamba. Tough decision between that and the Pachira. Seeing the turtles, of course.
3. Three nights in Arenal at La Pradera. Volcano tour. Is Cano Negro tour good? Any other suggestions?
4. Three nights in Monteverde at Cabanas Los Pinos. Won't have a car so this hotel seems well-situated. True? Ziplining at Selvatura. Other suggestions?
5. Five nights at Manuel Antonio. Can't decide between Playa Espadilla and Costa Verde hotels, so I'm thinking of splitting the difference. Does that make sense and, of so, which one is more worth 3 nights over 2? I like the idea of being in the forest but would also like the ocean view for a least a couple of days. Would also appreciate any suggestions for activities in and around M.A.
Thanks and sorry for the long post.