We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Hi all!

I'm going on a cabalgata with 2 of my girlfriends in Arenal on Nov. 13th. What hotel would you recommend for 3 girls? After long hours on a horse we will need a pool for sure, a room comfortable enough for 3 girls and close to Lava Lounge for a little fun!

Do not want expensive and must be IN town. We are only staying one night.

Arenal Rabfer, San Bosco, Vista Del Cerro??? Are any of these actually walking distance to Lava Lounge?

Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Either Arenal Rabfer or San Bosco are my picks! They both have a pool and they're both in quiet neighborhoods just a block off the main area. They are in walking distance to everything downtown (including the favorite Lava Lounge)! :-) Other places for you to check out for fun places to go are Silvares & Kazan (Silvares is above Rancho Cascada-next to Kazan but upstairs and has great meals for $5). :-) ENJOY!!!

Wendy, La Fortuna, CR

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Thanks Wendy! Do you have a favorite between the two? If not, I'll share the info on both and let my friends decide! And thanks for the info more 'nightlife' in the area, we will check it out for sure!

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

ally vista del cerro has a pool and two big beds but it is not really walking distance to town. taxis are less than 1k colones if i remember and less than 5 minutes.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Sorry I can't compare all three for you but can tell you that we thought San Bosco was great, neat and clean, great location, great staff! We especially enjoyed the third floor observation area with a few chairs and tables facing Arenal. It was a fun place to sit, chat, bring some cold cerveza and snacks. San Bosco has tables/chairs in and among other areas of the hotel too (ie: grassy area, pool, outside rooms) which really makes for a relaxing and laid back time. We never felt like we were "crowded in". Hope this helps and have a great time! Lisa

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Another vote for San Bosco. It is a nice place.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Thanks everyone, I think San Bosco is it!

7. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2011, 11:35
8. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel 'downtown' La Fortuna

YES! I do know how hard it is to get anything in CR, including permits. But you have a camper to stay in a beautiful area so enjoy it! Someday you might look back and remember how fun it was to stay in your camper!

To keep this post travel related, what is your favorite restaurant for dinner in La Fortuna?