We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit to Costa Rica (Honeymoon)

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First time visit to Costa Rica (Honeymoon)

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon in Costa Rica and we're trying to get the best bang for our buck and see as much as possible. We're planning on staying at the Rio Celeste Hideaway (got a steal of a package) and I would like to spend some time around Arenal. Are we close enough to make a day trip or is there enough to do around Arenal we should plan to stay there for a couple days too?

We'd like to visit three areas and don't want a lot of repetition if we can avoid it. We're thinking about staying at the Red Palm Villas in Santa Teresa as well. Need to find that third location! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visit to Costa Rica (Honeymoon)

Yes, you are close enough for day trips, about 2 hour drive. It looks like you can do many things from Rio Celeste Hideaway that you can do in Arenal...but just being near the volcano and close to the may hot springs would be worthy of a couple days. Consider this being your third location!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visit to Costa Rica (Honeymoon)

Dear Double

I will stay around Arenal a couple nights...nice place...great soft adventure tours...of course the Hot Springs...so nice!

roadadvisor

3. Re: First time visit to Costa Rica (Honeymoon)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2012, 04:20