We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Water Rafting? Good near MA?

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
White Water Rafting? Good near MA?

I have done the Paquare River through Rios Tropicales twice and loved it?

This trip it doesn't fit into our schedule to do that river. We are in Manuel Antonio for a few days though- how does the rafting compare in MA? Im not sure where they take you, but will I be disappointed in comparison to the Paquare?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: White Water Rafting? Good near MA?

In Manuel Antonio you can do the Savegre River Rafting, it is great tour even though it a lower rafting level than Pacuare

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Water Rafting? Good near MA?

oops, I meant an exclamation! not a ? after loved it.

How scenic is the Savegre River compared to the Paquare? Has anyone done both?

Im just wondering if we should skip it altogether and do something else if we will be disappointed compared to the Paquare?

Is the Savegre high enough in feb/March?

Thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Savegre River
Savegre River
10 Reviews
Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Water Rafting? Good near MA?

Dear Mariposa...as a former outffiter and river guide..I may said that Pacuare is a great river almost all year long...low waters like most rivers around April...no comparisson at all with Savegre...

Savegre offer wo sections upper Savegre which is not a commercial run...and the section that most companies...run...some nice class IV rapids..nice and short...but is is a fun river to run...of course never as Pacuare!

Dealt with companies that are certified by ICT...or take advice from people that you cand ID...rafting as any soft adventure tour can be dangerous you can get hurt or even kill..no ICT no ID...no deal!

roadadvisor

Edited: 09 November 2011, 19:45
4. Re: White Water Rafting? Good near MA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:17