We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music venues

Gourdon, France
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Live music venues

We are travelling to Costa Rica over Christmas & New year and will be spending 4 nights in each of La Fortuna, Monteverde, Montezuma and Manuel Antonio. Can anyone recommend any venues in these places for either live or good bar music please?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live music venues

Dear Les Cloches...

Around La Fortuna...the former Volcano Look disco...is a good place...big and loud...to loud for me...but a lot of people most of the time...some times live music ...local tropical music bands...a lot of fun...people really like to dance around there...

roadadvisor

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,275 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live music venues

There are lots of excellent musicians in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area playing at bars and restaurants.

At Dos Locos, Benjammin and his band play classic rock and other things in Wednesday evenings. Ben is a great guitarist. Also at Dos Locos, on Saturday afternoons - a group called the Pura Vida Social Club plays.

In the high season La Hacienda has live entertainment several times a week.

Bambu Jam has live entertainment and dancing several times a week - usually Latin Music once a week. Byblos often has Robby Clark and his group on Fridays.

In the last few weeks El Sol - down by the beach next to Marlin's has started

having live music on Thursday nights. Ben was playing with Nancy Buchan, a fiddler who has worked with Jimmy Buffet.

Other places like Gaia and Si Como No and Raphael's Terrazas have guitarists either for happy hour or dinner time.

Barba Roja often has entertainment on weekends,

Thins are always changing. When you get there, ask around and keep you eyes open for signs near the road or flyers being handed out on the beach.

Also pick up a copy of Quepolandia, the free monthy area publication available at restaurants and bars. They usually have a section on the music scene. Check the left side of the page on the online version (Always subject to change - so call before you go to make sure)

http://www.quepolandia.com/

pura vida

raquel

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live music venues

My God Raquel...that is a huge list...thank you...I love Jimmy Buffet I will check on that fiddler...maybe I even saw them at a couple Jimmy concerts around Paso Robles California!

Around La Fortuna also check...Lava Lounge...some live music there some times!

roadadvisor

Providence RI
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live music venues

Here is a great list I came across about live music venues in Costa Rica hope it helps!

http://alturl.com/jj8h7

5. Re: Live music venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:42