We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Service Car Rental

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
754 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Service Car Rental

We’re at the airport after 10 terrific days in CR. We’ll write a more complete report later, but I want to specifically report on our experience with Service Car Rental. I found them on TA and while they didn’t get a lot of recommendations the ones I found prompted me to inquire. From the beginning they were responsive, their quote included the mandatory insurance and they suggested using our Amex coverage for the rest. No pushy sales pitch to buy unnecessary coverage.

The price for 10 days was $437.00 for a Daihatsu Terios. Francisco was waiting for us at the arrivals. Rember checked us in and gave us the warnings about tickets and cameras. Francisco had the damage check sheet already prepared and pointed out each scratch and dent.

The car served us well as we explored the central highlands and the area around Samara. At Rember’s suggestion we returned the car to the parking area at departure level rather than drive another few kilometers to their office. Francisco was waiting for us. He inspected and signed off. Everything was great, I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Service Car Rental

Thanks so much for the great feedback. Service always gets high marks here and I'm glad to know you had such a good experience.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Service Car Rental

Glad to hear they provided such a great service, that is a company I had not heard about before. Good to know!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Service Car Rental

MikeA: You had not heard of Service Car Rental? And you in the tourism business?

It's mentioned here on the forum probably once or twice a day.

Edited: 14 November 2011, 18:55
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Service Car Rental

I am not in the tourism business, are you? and yes I have never heard of them before, so it is good to know they have a great service.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Service Car Rental

Not in the tourism business - as my profile clearly says. Your profile really doesn't say anything about what you do so with all your knowledge of hotels, drivers, Costa Rican laws about tourism, etc, I figured you are in tourism.

Anyway - great news about Service - they continue to be one of the best.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Service Car Rental

Dear G & J...

So nice to heard that you have had a good time in our country and specially nice that you also enjoy your car with Service Rent a Car...

I know Rember almost my whole life...great hard working person...low profile...but incredible decent...

Most people here at TA know Service Rent a Car...

Thank you Hattie...for great sincere advice...

roadadvisor

Indianapolis Indiana
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Service Car Rental

Thanks for sharing! That is great to hear, as I just reserved a car with Service car rental as well.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Service Car Rental

We have used Service in the past, including our first trip to Costa Rica and they have been great each time. I really wish they had an office in Liberia. They would be the only company we would use. Highly recommend them.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Service Car Rental

Jetskier - according to their website, they do have an office in Liberia. So next time you fly into LIR, you can book with them.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Service Car Rental

Interesting. They must have just recently opened it because there was not one when we were there in August. Thanks for the info Hattie.