We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in Costa Rica

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling in Costa Rica

Hola

I would like to travel from Camaronal Wildlife Refuge to Arenal Hostel Resort La Fortuna. Can someone recommend the best way to do this? I emailed about a shuttle bus which I was told is $260 dollars which seems very expensive. Can anyone recommend the best bus route and how much it will cost on the bus? I have been advise to go to Samara to get the bus which seems like a long way round!

Thanks for your help

Emma

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

Are you not going to be working at the Camaronal Wildlife Refuge which is between Punta Islita and Samara Beach? Is there another one? Which way would seem like a shorter route?

If you are going to the Camaronal Wildlife Refuge that is between Punta Islita and Samara Beach, have you looked at getting a shared van shuttle from Samara to La Fortuna?

Sorry I was unable to help you in the several private messages I sent you about taking the bus to La Fortuna, based on your questions to me in private messages. Perhaps someone else can do a better job.

Edited: 18 November 2011, 12:19
London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

Hi

I just wondered if there was a more direct way.

I emailed anywherecostarica.com and they suggested it would cost $260 dollars.

Emma

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

The price you were quoted is for a private transfer and not for the shared van shuttle. There is a shared van shuttle that goes from Samara to La Fortuna (Arenal) for $40. You don't have to send anyone an email - you can just book it online, if you like.

Take a look at the map and if you, or anyone else, can find a more direct way, I would love to know it. Some places are easier to get to/from in Costa Rica - some places are a bit more complicated. Also - let me know if you see another location, other than Samara, where you could travel to and get a shuttle or public bus.

Because of the need for so many transfers on the bus, I would definitely use the $40 shared van shuttle for this trip. Look here anywherecostarica.com/transportation/search…

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

Hattie is correct, as usual. Get to Samara, it's not far from Camaronal, then take Interbus from Samara to La Fortuna for $40.

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

Thanks for all your help, after some investigation I have managed to book the shared van shuttle which seemed so much easier. It was $45 dollars. Thanks so much for all your help xxx

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

Glad you go that resolved, Emma. Hope you have a great time. Please write something about your volunteering experience after you return home.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

Hi, I am planning to go to Costa Rica in February do you have any tour guides that you can suggest me. Thanks.

8. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 January 2012, 22:05
9. Re: Travelling in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:15