We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

There price was the best I found which scared me. Does anyone know anything about them? Any information would help. Thanks. Suzi

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

That would scare me too, I think you are right to be cautious. I have not heard of the company but maybe someone in the forum has. In my own experience I have had good luck with

Mapache - http://www.mapache.com/

Adobe - http://www.adobecar.com/

Toyota - http://www.toyotarent.com/

Good luck, more will chime in soon.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,791 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

This rental car company is often recommended by Hattie and Roadadvisor, you may find references to it if using a search function. Mr. tiltedflipcurves used them in August and have no problems as stated in his trip report, also available on this forum.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

They are a good company, make sure thay have included mandatory insurance.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

Dear Suzi...

Some times I recommend Solid...mostly for people looking for a car around Puerto Jiemenez...they have had been around for many years...some people like them some people do not...

Be sure to print everything they send you...and please check some reviews...again I recommend them around Puerto Jimenez!

roadadvisor

Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

I have used Solid before and they were all they advertised. They had our rental waiting for us at the docks in Sierpe and the at the restruant to pick it up. They were polite, proffessional, and I plan on using them again.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

I have also used Solid twice now and was very happy with their service. The first time we picked up a car in Puerto Jiminez so we had very little choice. But everything went well and we dropped the car in Dominical with no hassles. Our second time they met us in Sierpe and again they were super helpful with no problems at drop off (again in Dominical). I'm not sure which location you're looking at and if each is run on its own but the southern offices were great and I'd use them again.

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

What was their drop off fee for dropping off at a different location? Via email, they said that if you rent for over two weeks, there is no extra fee but that there was for a one week rental (which is the time we are renting a car for). They said the extra fee would be discussed at the counter. We are renting in Puerta Jiminez and dropping off at San Juan Int. Airport.

Edited: 05 December 2011, 02:41
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

I would request that the drop-off fee be given to you in writing, not when you drop the car off. I used Solid a couple years ago, picking up in Dominical and dropping off in Pto Jimenez, had no problems at all and there was no drop-off fee (I rented for 1 week exactly).

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

Was your rental during the high season? We're going in january

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone heard of Solid Car Rentals ??

Was your rental during the high season? We're going in january