We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Trek weight limits

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sky Trek weight limits

I would really like to this and the canyoning in Arenal. My first and only Zipline has been the original one in Monteverde in 1997! Ive heard they have come a long way and this Sky Trek is one of the best.

I emailed the company and they said the weight limit is 217 lbs. When I did a search on this forum though, it seems that many people much over that weight limit had no problems at all.

My husband is 6'1" with a linebacker physique- he is a big guy probably 260lbs and very strong. I don't want to plan on doing this only to find out when we get there that he cant do it. Some have said there is a weight limit because you have to lift your body weight to get on the cable??

The response was very brief-"217 lbs" no explanation as to why. Can anyone with experience on this excursion give any insight into if the rules about weight are followed on the SKy Trek?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sky Trek weight limits

My son is 6"3" and goes about 275lbs. There was no problem whatsoever. I`m surprised that they told you there was a 217 lb. limit unless things have changed since last january.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sky Trek weight limits

I don't think we can offer you any clear guidance other than what I found on their website: "Weight limit of 100 kilograms weight (217 pounds). Those slightly over this weight can be evaluated by Skytrek technical staff (according to his/her height and physical condition) and if the weight is due to height rather than girth it might be possible to do the tour, as it is the size of the harness is the determining facture."

I suggest you don't want to book in advance unless they guarantee in writing that they'll refund the money if they determine he is too heavy or too large to fit the harness.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sky Trek weight limits

Dear mariposa...

The zip line cables are strong enough to carry 10 times that weight...most of the problem if we can call it a proble...is like crfan mentioned the way the arness fits...basically the answer is go to Sky Treck location and find out...hard for any body to even try to answer the question with out seeing your husband and try the equipment!

roadadvisor

4. Re: Sky Trek weight limits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:16