We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help ASAP

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help ASAP

Hi,

Because we don't arrive till the afternoon, we decided to spend our 1st 7 nights at the Westin and then off to Hiden Canopy. The problem is they can only accomodate us the last 2 of the 3 nights we have left. So we need to find a place for 1 night somewhere. We will be checking out of the Westin and am wondering if going to Arenal for 1 night is a wise decision before we head over to Hidden Canopy. Otherwise any suggestions.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help ASAP

IMO I would skip Arenal if you only have the one night. it will take another 3 hours to get from there to Monteverde.

I would just grab another place in Monteverde for the extra night, maybe something downtown, Hidden Canopy is a bit out of the way so if you are in town one night you can explore a bit more. Check Arco Iris - http://www.arcoirislodge.com/

More will chime in.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help ASAP

Dear Dian..

Honestly a night in Arenal is not bad at all...but is some great old driving involved...maybe you can check El Establo...Sapo Dorado...Hotel Montana Monteverde...

Are you flying In and Out of Liberia!??

roadadvisor

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help ASAP

Yeas, we are flying in and out of Liberia. We could always extend our trip another night at the Westin, but thought we'd do better seeing a different part of Costa Rica. I'm assuming we are better off renting a car and will be sure to do our driving during the day. Will a 4x4 be necessary for our agenda.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help ASAP

A 4x4 is nice to have around Monteverde, not so much needed in Arenal.

I would still skip Arenal myself, it's not active right now which takes away somewhat from the area, and with just one night and another 3+ hours on the road to get to Monteverde the very next day...

Either way you will have a blast.

Cheers

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help ASAP

There is a good chance we may not rent a car and will depend on transportation (driver). For the 1 night in between our stay at Westin and Hidden Canopy, which would you recommend.

Montverde Lodge and Gardens

Arco Iris

Belmar

El Viandante

Another option is to cut back our stay at Westin for one evening and then Go to Arenal area for 2 nights, but that will be a lot of driving around.

Edited: 12 December 2011, 22:32
Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help ASAP

You can take a shuttle from the Westin to Arenal and then jeep-boat-jeep to Monteverde, then a shuttle to Liberia. No need to rent a car if you don't want.

7. Re: Please Help ASAP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 10:17