We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Ontario
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Does it matter if one books way in advance or not? Do prices fluctuate , say from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez? Is there any difference between booking online or with an agent? Any preferences as to which airline?

dayton, ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Don't make it into a big deal. The real difference, if both airlines come and go to the same place, is the schedules. Pick the airline where the schedule is the best for you. You can even mix going and coming. I have.

Sansa flies out right next to the main airport. Nature Air has an airport that is a little further away. Difference might be $5 by cab.

I don't think you save by booking early. Not sure about online. Call and ask.

I have taken the "little planes" and think they are great.

Edited: 12 December 2011, 11:43
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Sansa has pretty much set pricing, 1 price per flight. It is right next to the Int'l airport. Nature Air has 3 levels of pricing, the lowest which you get 15lbs of baggage (plus 10lb carry-on), the middle tier which gives you 27lbs (plus 10lb) and the highest which gives you 40lbs (plus 10lb). The more expensive fare also let you change/amend your schedule.

Nature Air flies out of Pavas, which is about 20-25 minutes away from the main airport and costs about $25 for a taxi; or you can look into Nature Air's shuttle which runs a couple times a day and runs around $10.

I prefer Nature Air for the different tiers of pricing and also that they have twin engine planes.

Ontario
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Thanks. Didn`t think about twin engine planes....

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Really both airlines are as good as each other and as safe as each other, twin engin is not always better and there are more important aspects.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Hello again, Cubaguy. I could have told you that but honestly never considered it to be important. Gottta agree with Thomas C. They are both good, safe airlines. Twin engines does not mean better, though I gather nervous flyers feel better when they hear that. I am a very nervous flyer who has flown Sansa twelve times. My concern is usually weather-related, not whether there is one engine or two. Of all these flights there were only two that were bumpy due to cloud cover...I took deep breaths, hung on to my husband, and watched the pilot and co-pilot, who were completely calm and in control. Buenos...

Puerto Jimenez
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Sansa has a litlle more than 30 flys around to Costa Rica and leave from the same internatioanl airport This companie is like 4 5 cheaper than Nature Air

Nature Air has arounrd 40 flys from Tobias Bolanos airport...

Boston...
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

Tip of the day! Nature Air has an all you can fly pass during high season that lasts a week, and is the equivalent price of one round trip flight to some of its more remote destinations. If you fit in 2 round trip flights or more, you can end up paying 50% less than the regular ticket prices. What a relief when air prices seem to be going up and up these days.

8. Re: Tips for Best Prices flying Sansa or Nature Air?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:18