We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone in cr

Methuen...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
cell phone in cr

We are going to be in CR for 3 weeks and I would like to purchase a used/reconditioned cell phone in the states before we leave. Can anyone help with techy info ? I know it has to be Sim card acceptable. what else ???

Tks for your help

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone in cr

Check on Top Questions, this topic has talked about lots.

Methuen...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone in cr

Tks Cubaon. you get caught up and forget to look. I found it must be 1800mhz. Is there any other specs ??? Unlockable- SIM CARD-1800mhz ??

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phone in cr

All I can tell you is that I love my old first generation unlocked iphone, worked great in CR.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cell phone in cr

Unlocked GSM 1800 will do. However for better reception in more places - 3G

850 UMTS - the same as US is better. The new towers are 3G.

However I don't know if it has to have both. Because most US phones if they are not Quad or tri band don't support 1800 GSM but if they are 3 G the use the same frequency as CR.

raquel

Edited: 15 December 2011, 05:57
5. Re: cell phone in cr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:18