We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

md
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

Looking to go in the summer of 2012. Which month is the cheapest time to go June , July or August?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,924 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

I don't think there is any difference between the 3. Most places just have high season and low season, some may have some added wackiness, but in general you are good to go any of those months.

Weather wise July would be my pick, little summer comes then and if you are lucky you will catch it.

Cheers

Edited: 17 December 2011, 02:34
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

Best to email your short list of accommodations and see who will give you the best deal.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

Dear coastjam...

Also in some ways ...some hotels depending on how the season is for them...they can give you some good deals..

roadadvisor

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

Actually there is a more expensive time during those months. I think they call it the Gold Season or something like that. We had issues with this when trying to go to Manuel Antonio this summer in mid July. It is during July when the schools have their "winter" break. During that time it can be difficult to find cheaper deals and many places were booked when we tried to book last minute. I have found June to be an easier month to book whatever hotels I want and can always get some type of discount.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

Really, it depends on the hotel. Some hotels have the same price year round, some hotels have "green" season and "high" season pricing and some hotels have complicated pricing schemes where they have the two seasons plus charge more around Christmas and possibly in July.

Simon P I think gave you some good advice. Pick your lodging and then write them to see what kind of deal you can get. It's nice if you can hit that "little summer" in July when there is less rain, but it doesn't always come at the same time.

md
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

Thank you. I noticed some hotels charge higher prices in mid July through mid August. Maybe I will try for fist week of July. Thanks again everyone.

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

In my experience, many hotels charge a high season rate in July and August, not all, but many, so between these 3 months there are better chances to get better deals in June. Of course, this is not an absolute or general rule.

8. Re: what is the cheapest month to go to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 10:15