Urgent advice needed please. I'm travelling to central america in a couple of weeks and am not sure how best to spend the time in Costa Rica. Specifically, I'm trying to decide between:
1. Tortuguero vs Manuel Antonio
- in January it's not prime turtle-time in Tortuguero but I'm wary that it is prime tourist-time in M.A!
2. Arenal vs Monteverde
- Arenal would be easier to get to from Nicaraguan border at Los Chiles, but is the cloudforest at Monteverde a must-see? Or is it mainly misty cloud views, with lots of eco-tourists wandering around?!
To put into context, our trip starts with:
- Ometepe Island (Nicaragua)
- Rio San Juan (Nicaragua) ... probably
And our trip ends with:
- Cahuita (Costa Rica) ... probably, because it's on the way to Panama
- Bocas Del Toro (Panama)
So hopefully we've already got a mix of nature, beach, volcanoes. We just don't know how to spend the 7-10 days in Costa Rica. I love beautiful scenary, and my travel buddy likes wildlife.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.