We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay in Costa Rica

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to stay in Costa Rica

Hello,

My husband and I are thinking of going to Costa Rica and are looking for the best places to stay. We want to be by the beach and prefer small hotels. We would like to keep our budget for 7 days around $2000. We also would prefer Adults Only or at least a place that is not over run with children. We plan to send a lot of We have done a number of all inclusives in the past but as we understand it that is not a great way to see Costa Rica but we want to make sure food/drinks are easily accessible and not super over priced. We have been told April is the best time to go... is this true? Any advise or experiences you could share would be great!

Thank you!

Julie

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to stay in Costa Rica

Costa Rica has so many wonderful places and everyone will have their favorites. I love the South Pacific (South of Manuel Antonio) due to the wildlife, rainforests, spectacular mountains that start from the sea an d very undeveloped comparing to many other beach areas. So much so that I moved here from the UK...

Consider the Uvita area in the South Pacific seems to fit with your requirements, many small Hotels that are adult only and even ones that are not generaly are small and not over run with children. Also look at Cabo Matapalo or Drake Bay in Osa Peninsula.

For Uvita area have a look at TA accomodation under Uvita and Dominical, look at Hotels, B&B as well as speciality Lodging.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g313829-Dominical_Pro…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g635755-Uvita_Provinc…

Montezuma, Costa...
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to stay in Costa Rica

April is a great time, it is when I have advised my parents to visit me here.

I don't know other areas so well, but should you choose Montezuma - you will find beaches, waterfalls, jungle, typical Costa Rican rural life, restaurants, great food.

All inclusives are pretty rare in Costa Rica, and you are right, not a great way to see the country which is pretty safe & friendly anyway.

In Montezuma, I might recommend Ylang Ylang for a high budget ($250/night) or El Jardin for a lower budget ($90/night) or Los Mangos or Amor de Mar for an even slightly lower budget . None of those should be over-run with children

3. Re: Best places to stay in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 10:18