We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying into and out of liberia

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
flying into and out of liberia

Does anyone know why I can't seem to do a multiple destination flight out of Phoenix or Dallas into Liberia, and back out of Liberia to Belize and back to the states. Expedia keeps telling me nothings available, but i have no problems out of San jose.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying into and out of liberia

While Liberia touts itself as an 'International Airport', it's really quite small so I'm guessing they just don't have the options that San Jose would have.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
324 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying into and out of liberia

While I haven't had issues with liberia, I would recommend seeing if a travel agent can try and book the flights for you (like liberty travel where they'll check for free). I had similar issues when trying to do a multi destination trip in africa and it wouldn't work online even though the flights were there. Liberty was able to do it with no problem. This is assuming of course you can find individual flights from that airport but not connected.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 15:02
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying into and out of liberia

I don't think there are any direct flights to Belize from Liberia. There are direct flights on Taca from Liberia to San Salvador or Tegucigalpa and you might find something from there to Belize.

Try going direct to the various airlines rather than through Expedia or Kayak.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying into and out of liberia

Checking Kayak it looks like there are flights from Liberia to Belize City though American Airlines. I just did a quick search that spanned a one month period and it showed flights everyday. Maybe a problem with Expedia?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying into and out of liberia

In this case good idea to dealt with a Travel Agent in USA that can quote you the TKT...no direct flights from LIR to Belize...most of them by Honduras of Guatemala...Salvador..and of course Miami

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flying into and out of liberia

Jetskier: I just looked at Kayak for Liberia to Belize City and found nothing on American Airlines and no direct flights. What am I doing wrong? Dates? Wrong airport in Belize City?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flying into and out of liberia

Hattie,

It is not a direct flight. American has you flying to Miami first then back to Belize City. The poster did not say anything about a direct flight, just a flight to Belize from Liberia. I just did a flexible date search for the month of Feb. and came up with results each day. I chose BZE as my Belize airport code. I had to pull it up again just to make sure that I didn't mess something up. :)

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flying into and out of liberia

OK, Jetskier - now we are on the same page! Not sure why Expedia couldn't come up with this.

It does seem kind of silly to fly from Liberia to Miami and back to BZE - but possible, of course. Probably quicker to do the Taca thing through El Salvador or Honduras.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
86 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flying into and out of liberia

Kayak worked, thanks! Of course it's going to take 25 hours to get there ;0). It looks like it even the shortest layover flies back to Houston from Liberia before it goes onto Belize. Very strange....thanks for the info!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flying into and out of liberia

Or -- use Taca which goes through Tegucigalpa.