We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Liberia

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in Liberia

We will be arriving at Liberia airport in the evening. I would prefer to take a cab to the hotel in Liberia and rent a SUV the next day. Any suggestions on reliable and inexpensive car rentals in Liberia? Thanks.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in Liberia

Service, Solid, Toyota, National all come recommended. Others that people like include Mapache, Wild Rider, Economy, Budget.

If you want to stay near the airport (and near the car agencies), take a look at Hotel Santa Ana or Hotel Rincon del Llano. Each of these is 5-10 minutes from the airport and the agencies.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in Liberia

Stay as far as you can from ECONOMY...just check reviews here at TA...

Budget...Toyota...NAtional...Hertz...Avis...ADOBE...

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in Liberia

Oops - sorry, roadadvisor. I forgot about Economy! So right!

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in Liberia

Unfortunately Economy are the only company I have found that will accept a debit card rather than a credit card for the guarantee-unless anyone has new information?

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental in Liberia

Unfortunately Economy are the only company I have found that will accept a debit card rather than a credit card for the guarantee-unless anyone has new information?

Creston, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental in Liberia

We just used Avis at Liberia and while we found them to be good and the product great the amount we were quoted was misleading. In getting quotes from the others we got a quote from avis that was hundreds of dollars below the others. Only to find that they had only quoted the base rate while the others had quoted all required fees and insurance. Avis did not lie they simply mislead us and it bothers me greatly. Make sure that you compare the quotes for what they contain not what the bottom line is.

7. Re: Car rental in Liberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2014, 05:15