We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay

Palmdale, California
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where should I stay

Im going to CR in March what part should I stay In I was thinking Jaco since it seems to be close to airport... but then read the beaches are not as nice. Since we will be taking a bus or taxi to hotel I dont want to be extremely far away from airport. Im looking for rainforest and beautiful beaches. Also any recommendations on Hotels or tips

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should I stay

I would definitely avoid Jaco and consider someplace beautiful like Uvita. Take a look here for one option - www.tikivillas.com

Another place to consider is Manuel Antonio, also a beautiful area.

www.manuelantoniopark.com

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should I stay

If you want rainfall and beautiful beaches you probably want to check out Manuel Antonio, a 3 hour drive from San Jose with a national park and lots of choices for lodging restaurants and activities. Don't know your budget or interests so difficult to make specific recommendations unless we know more. You can read tripadvisor reviews for hotels to see which ones interest you and then come back to the forum for more feedback once you have a plan.

Recommend you check into shared shuttles to get to Manuel Antonio if the set times work for you. You have to taxi a short taxi ride from the airport to a nearby hotel, 5 minutes away, and then a shuttle van will pick you up and drive you to your hotel in Manuel Antonio. Interbusonline has schedules for their routes. You can also check Easy Ride and Costa Rica Shuttle.

Good luck planning!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should I stay

I will also recommend you to check UVITA and hopefully Tikivillas incredible nice palce...some great ocean views...nice little pool...great owners...nice waterfalls and beaches around!

roadadvisor

Palmdale, California
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should I stay

HI everyone I checked out Tikivillas and they are booked up :( The owners are great they have been very prompt in getting back to me. Does anyone have any recommendations for that area. My budget is around $100 - $130 a night. If anyone has any other tips that would be great!! Thanks!!

Edited: 18 January 2012, 19:46
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,193 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should I stay

I know your pain as I also couldn't get a room at Tiki Villas 2 months in advance either as they are so highly recommended. In the same general area between Dominical and Uvita you could also check Terrazes de Ballena, Villas Alturas, and Pacific Edge, all up in the hills overlooking the ocean. Further south of Uvita are La Cusinga Ecolodge and Villas Gaia. There are other excellent choices in the area but at a higher price point (Rancho Pacifico, Oxygen Jungle Villas) Shelter from the Storm is another good option with their Monkey House just above your budget.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should I stay

Manuel Antonio is the place you would want to go. It is a rainforest area and has some of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. For that budget check the Mimos hotel.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should I stay

Great options for acommodation in Dominial & Uvita by CRfan

83days and CRfan sorry about the availability as TikiVillas only has 5 rooms and since the HW from Quepos to Dominical was finished there are more visitors to this area.

8. Re: Where should I stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:20