We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

My wife and I (both 25) are interested in visiting Costa Rica soon. We enjoy travelling and our last few trips were 100% planned and executed by ourselves. I don't really have the time to plan a full itinerary for this trip, however. Also, I think it would be tough to beat the $1000 price tag that Caravan charges for all lodging, transportation, meals, guides, etc...

I certainly mean no offense to the more experienced generation of travelers but I think we would be most happy on a tour that had at least some people in a comparable age group. Are these tours geared towards all ages? We're fairly active people but I have no problem kicking back and going with the flow to see Costa Rica for 10 days. I'm just worried if it was mainly an older crowd there's a chance we could get bored.

What do you think, am I being silly? I've read a ton of reviews and the Caravan tour seems like a pretty good, easy, relatively cheap way to take a trip. Very tempted.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
255 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

i hop the statistics are wrong too! We are early to mid 30 couple. But we would be more comfortable with you, we are punk rockers and travel lovers. Using Caravan in May. When are you planning to go?

toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

I really don't think you would be bored as the itinerary keeps you busy every day. This tour does seem to attract an older crowd but you wouldn't actually know who your group includes until the time comes.

We are going in two weeks. I'm 49, my mother is 73, and my kids are 18 and 21. I've warned the kids to expect to be the youngest ones there!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

I won't speak to the demographics but the Caravan tours spend a lot of time sitting in a bus. If you'd rather spend more time on adventures check out packages by DeSafio Adventures that include transportation, lodging and lots of adventures. You book the plane ticket and head out. They are a tour operator based in Arenal. I have not taken their packages but have used them for adventures in Arenal and was very impressed with their service. Find out more at www.desafiocostarica.com/index.php…

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

I don't know how long your planning to spend in the country, but you should be able to plan your own trip in a couple of days with a little help on this forum. I think you'll find it much more rewarding, and you'll have more time to enjoy the locations you choose.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

We're planning on going sometime in the spring - March to May most likely. (late planning, I know)

I'm sure we could figure this out ourselves but we are also kind of interested in trying a group tour with others. Our last two trips have been long ones with just the two of us - which was great, but we think it'd be fun to try traveling with some other people too. We're not at a point where many of our friends from home are interested/able to coordinate going on a trip together.

I saw someone recommend this Gate1 tour as well gate1travel.com/costa-rica-travel/costa-rica…

Any thoughts on how it compares?

6. Re: Caravan tour fun for 25 year olds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2013, 10:31