We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We only have 6 days...Manuel Antonio or OSA?

massachusetts
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
We only have 6 days...Manuel Antonio or OSA?

Actually, it might even be only 5 depending on my husband's work schedule...I had been thinking Manuel Antonio because I would like to have a good solid 4 days in cr not including travel days and I'm counting the days on either end as that. Unrealistic to be able to do OSA in that amount of time? I dont want to be spending eons on transit!

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,402 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We only have 6 days...Manuel Antonio or OSA?

Yes with such a short time ...maybe better MA...you can fly to Puerto Jimenez or Drakes Bay...but still some time involved...easier to dealt with the 2.45 hours ride to MA from SJO!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: We only have 6 days...Manuel Antonio or OSA?

Osa would be less crowded and more chances to see wildlife and nature, I would fly there instead of spending the whole day on the road so you can really enjoy the place. In the other hand Manuel Antonio would also be a great experience it is a very nice rainforest area and you can find some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, see the monkeys at the park and several nature activities. You will enjoy either one.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We only have 6 days...Manuel Antonio or OSA?

Depends on what you like to do. Lots of hikes and tours in both areas. MA has more people out and about shopping, dining, etc. Osa is more isolated and really for nature lovers who don't mind having meals included at the lodge due to that fact. Not a lot of shopping or dining and much less touristy. I agree with Mike, if you go to Osa and have 5-6 days you should fly.

Both are great areas, just very different, you will have a wonderful time at either.

4. Re: We only have 6 days...Manuel Antonio or OSA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 10:16