We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

First thanks to all the people who have responded to my previous questions. I have gotten so much great information through this forum.

After a lot of thought, we have come up with the following itinerary and would just like to see if you think it is any good (time in each place, accomodations, etc). We will be traveling ~Dec 1 - Dec 14, 2012.

Day1: Arrive in SJ late pm. Overnight at Holiday Inn.

Day 2: Take Riverboat Francesca tour to Tortuguero. Overnight at Laguna Lodge.

Day 3: Overnight at Laguna Lodge

Day 4: Take interbus after leaving Tortuguero straight to La Fortuna.

Overnight at Arenal Nayara Hotel.

Day 5: Overnight at Nayara

Day 6: Overnight Nayara

Day 7: Either take interbus or fly to Manuel Antonio.

Overnight at Gaia

Day 8: Overnight at Gaia

Day 9: Overnight at Gaia

Day 10: Take EasyRide Shuttle in early am to Siquirres (sp?) and take boat to Drake Bay. Overnight at Aguila de Osa

Day 11: Overnight at Aguila de Osa

Day 12: Overnight at Aguila de Osa

Day 13: Overnight at Aguila de Osa

Day 14: Take early morning flight back to SJ. Fly home that evening back to Canada.

While in Arenal/La Fortuna we will likely go to Ecothermales hotsprings, do canyoneering with Desafio, and to the SkyTrek ziplining. Depending on how we feel we may do some rafting as well.

In Manuel Antonio, a guided tour of the park, and perhaps a mangrove kayak tour.

In Osa, a guided tour into Corcovado Nat. Park, a scuba trip to Cano Island, and either a 2nd trip to Corcovado Park (different station), or mangrove kayak tour.

How does this sounds? I was going to leave out Manuel Antonio all together, but being a first time visitor I'd still like to see it. Plus I figured it would allow us to be fairly close to the launching point for Drake Bay.

Thanks once again for your input.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

Great Itinerary...no good idea to fly out of Arenal...take Inetrbus a lot better...you will see a lot...

roadadvisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

Agree, sounds like a wonderful honeymoon, and glad that you included MA, as the number of days at each place is good and you'll see a lot.

I also agree with Roadadvisor to take Interbus to MA.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

Thanks so much for your advice. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Can't wait to visit Costa Rica. We will certainly take your advice to heart and likely book the interbus shuttle down to Manuel Antonio. I thought the same that there would be a lot of country to see on the way.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

You have a great plan. Good idea to fly from Fortuna to Manuel Antonio. On day 10th it is the Sierpe Dock.

5. Re: Honeymoon itinerary - comments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:18