We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM's-Chase banking card

new york, new york
Level Contributor
214 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
ATM's-Chase banking card

Just returned from CR,we had alot of trouble withdrawing money out of atm machines with a Chase debit card.The only bank it worked at was Bank Of San Jose,wich you will find in major cities and airports but not the little towns.Stock up on the cash when u can-airport,cities,etc.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna...
63 Reviews
from US$137.00*
Free Cancellation
Arenal Volcano and Tabacón Hot...
103 Reviews
from US$156.00*
Free Cancellation
Full Day Class II-III Rafting and...
28 Reviews
from US$110.00*
Free Cancellation
NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM's-Chase banking card

Was it Visa with Plus logo? We had no problems with ours (with Visa and Plus logo).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM's-Chase banking card

What are the fees like? Are they outrageous?

Would you consider taking travelers checks?

NY
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM's-Chase banking card

If I remember correctly we got cash from ATM's 6 times - got charged $1 twice and nothing other times. We did not use Travelers checks.

new york, new york
Level Contributor
214 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM's-Chase banking card

My card was a chase mastercard,everyone else i was with who had a chase card had a problem.I got charged a fee once, i think the fee was $2,the 2nd time i didnt get charged a fee,but like i said it only worked at the bank of san jose.Just stock up on cash at the airport,i wouldnt even mess with travellers checks.Credit cards work everywhere,it's just that sometimes you need a couple of bucks for some souveniers or snacks.