We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip iternary planning

south riding,va
Level Contributor
41 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
1st trip iternary planning

2family with 5 kids from 7-13 planning trip in mid June 2012 for 8 nights/9 days

Arrive 3:30 pm and depart 4:30 pm

Flying to San Jose

Want to go to arenal area and then to surrounding area and then to spend last few days in all inclusive beach resort

Kids very active and interesting in nature, zip line, volcano , hot springs and other beautiful things CR holds

I would appreciate if somebody could guide with iternary suggestions and lodging help

Thank you for all that will reply

Would rent private guide/transport

south riding,va
Level Contributor
41 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st trip iternary planning

No reply Hmmmm!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st trip iternary planning

As you fly in at 330pm suggest you rent a private driver to pick you up and take you to Arenal. I recomend as many on this forum Tucan Limo for transport, they have been exceptional, safe and comfortable everytime www.tucanlimoservices.com/ other drivers names can be found on the top questions on the top right " What options are there for travelling around Costa Rica?"

For hotels in Arenal my favorites are Arenal Observatory Lodge, Leaves and Lizards & Arenal Naraya.

Costa Rica is not famous for all inclusive resorts but Westin Conchal is by far the most recomended. I would stay away from RIU has a bad reputation for a multitude of reasons, but some travel agents on this forum will recomend it. Also watch out for any PMs suggesting travel agents from supposed "satisfied travelers" just report them to TA.

3. Re: 1st trip iternary planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:15