We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

AdventureGirl2009
Level Contributor
19 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

Hi,

I am trying to decide for a Pacuare rafting day trip whether to use Rios Tropicales or Pacuare River Tours. I'm concerned because of a TA review that says RT never picked them up for the trip.

Any help with deciding would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bushmaster Adventures Costa Rica
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Manakin Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Central American Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

I have used Rios Tropicales they have been around for over 20 years and it is a fine company. I think you will be fine with them. I do not have any experience with the other company, maybe others can tell you.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

http://www.explornatura.com/ is a great company , check with them

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

We book all our guests through Exploradiras Outdoors for Pacuare Rafting.

They are especially good for transport between San Jose, Arenal and Caribbean side of Costa Rica. For all rafting trips, they will pick u up at any of this locations and when rafting is over will drop u off at any of those locations at your hotel. The service is very good and highly rated.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

It will be a pleasure to have you on one of our trips. Besides the added value for what you pay, we have been involved in community projects, reforestation and many other sustainable development related activities. You've made a good choice to run this spectacular river.

Edited: 14 May 2012, 15:54
Colorado
Level Contributor
361 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

We used Exploradores Outdoors last month for our rafting trip (picked up in Puerto Viejo, dropped off in SJ) and it was one of the most well-run guided trips I've done anywhere. The guides were very interactive and entertaining, and the entire operation was first class. The Pacuare exceeded any expectations I had going into the day's trip.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

We've used Rios Tropicales before for a different river, and they did an excellent job - very fun but still safety conscious.

7. Re: Rafting Pacuare - Trying to Decide Btwn Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:42