We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Central Am to South Am

NZ
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Central Am to South Am

I've been reading around a bit about the different ways to get from Central America (Costa Rica or Panama) to South America (Colombia). I've just checked flights with Copa and TACA and they're coming in at $600USD+ for a single one way trip in July.

I know it's not advised to travel overland between Panama and Colombia. I've heard of two ways to get across by passenger ferry - does anyone know about this, where ferry might sail from, who runs the ferry's and how to book?

Flexible to travel anywhere in Central to get to a very departing point, if it saves me the cash of a flight. Really don't want to shell out $600 US for a 2 hour flight!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Central Am to South Am

You might want to post this question on the Panama forum, I'm sure someone will be able to enlighten you on the process of the ferry.

NZ
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Central Am to South Am

Thanks very much, will do that now!

3. Re: Getting from Central Am to South Am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:15