We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

Hi,

I would like to try out hot springs for the first time in either Ciudad Quesada or La Fortuna. I've looked at the prices of many and they are very, very expensive. I'm not looking to spend much money but I would like a nice, quiet (not touristy), relaxing place. Any suggestions? I saw one called termales del bosque which is reasonably priced, anyone have any comments?

Thanks

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,400 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

We really like Eco Termales in the La Fortuna area; it's smaller than some of the others, locally owned, and very charming. I like that they limit the number of people who can enter so it doesn't feel crowded. You might also consider staying at one of the smaller hotels that has its own hot springs.

Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

I've been to both, and I would recommend Bosque near Quesada. It's worth it to spend a little money and treat yourself to the relatively inexpensive spa treatments, a night in an air conditioned sweet, and then head down to the hot springs. They were the most natural looking and there is a beautiful trail along the way. When we went there were not many people down there and it is easy to find a pool to yourself. The food at the hotel's resturaunt in the main building was also top notch, and if I'm not mistaken, comes with the purchase of your stay. The ones in La Fortuna were very touristy, although some were a bit cheaper, but felt more like a water park. I would recommend Bosque over the others for sure.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

I too give Eco Termales a thumbs up vote, as it's a non pretentious place with decent food if you decide to stay. Perhaps your lodging/accommodation will offer their own hot springs. Last time in La Fortuna we enjoyed Arenal Paraiso www.arenalparaiso.com/app/cms/www/index.php and their spring/pools, and as it was the rainy season, we had the pools to ourselves much of the time. Have a great holiday.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

Great advise by cajon traveler. Arenal paraiso is a good property not expensive and they have their own hot springs on site. If you are just going for the day the termales del bosque closer to ciudad quesada are pretty inexpensive, in Arenal you can also check termales Los Laureles.

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

Im confused in Bosque in cuidad quesada spain or costa rica as iv googled it and it looks amazing but says costa rica.....does anyone know a website relevant to it

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

Here is the review tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1189998-d16… and of course a Spanish site http://termalesdelbosque.com/

Have a great soak

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,810 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

The hot springs by Ciudad Quesada are nice...but of course not a volcano view...they are about 1 hour 30 minutes to La Fortuna...

You can try Los Laureles about $ 4.00 entrance fee ...nice popular hot springs. mostly popular with local people..as you were asking...!

roadadvisor

Edited: 23 August 2012, 19:12
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

The hot springs at Termales del Bosque close to Ciudad Quesada are nice, simple and natural and not expensive, entrance fee is approx. $8 per person. At La Fortuna many more options for hot springs.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

More great advice from MikeA943, and he knows his hot springs!!! No comparison between Termales del Bosque and Los Laureles, (and it seems cost is $7US, not $4US as stated... www.arenal.net/tour/los-laureles-hotsprings/ ) worth the extra few colones at Bosque.

Btw, as you probably know Arenal is a dud right now, not much to view, but worth a look or night tour should you find yourself in La Fortuna/Arenal without much to do.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,810 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hot Springs in Ciudad Quesada or Fortuna?

I do not think any body is comparing hot springs...in my case I answer a nice post from a decent person...in any way I´m looking for 3 seconds of fame...

The price at Los Laureles is $ 4.00 as long as I know...I was there talking with the owner a few days ago...sorry once again most of the time I do not give information based on web sites...If I know the place or how to get there I will give information...

Arenal is not a dud...still smoking ...it is incredible how some people love to massacre and make fun of our country..I wonder why?

Please enjoy any hot springs...and very sorry for some people trying to make the forum a civil war...very sorry and please as a costarican take my apologies!

roadadvisor

Edited: 23 August 2012, 21:00