We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature Air vs Sansa in December

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nature Air vs Sansa in December

Hi there,

I am going to be staying in Drake Bay in December as the last part of my honeymoon. I have an international flight leaving back to Canada at 4pm from SJO. My question is, which of the following flights would be best to take out of Drake Bay back to San Jose. I realize Nature Air flies into Pavas airport so I would require a shuttle to SJO.

My 2 options are:

Nature Air: Leave at 9:10am arrive in SJ (pavas airport) at 10:20am via Puerto Jimenez

or

Sansa: Leave at 10:17am and arrive at 11:10am (direct).

From what I can tell, Sansa may be the best option, however their weight restrictions are a little tighter than Nature Air which could be an issue. Also, I hear Sansa is more commonly delayed vs Nature Air which is a big concern for me. I am a very nervous flyer so I am not looking forward to either flight to be honest, but getting to Drake Bay will make it worth while.

Any advice would be appreciated, especially related to the possibility of weather delays in mid December in the Osa. I assume both are equally safe (despite Nature Air having 2 vs 1 engine with Sansa)

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nature Air vs Sansa in December

Both are equaly safe the two v one is not necesearely a safety issue. Both can experience delays equaly generaly due to weather, so I would not say either is worst or better.

I personaly would take the Sansa flight as it will get you direct into SJO and its a 3 min walk and you save the transfer. The flight will get you in plenty of time, and you have enough buffer time for any small delay as you need to at 1pm for your flight.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nature Air vs Sansa in December

Both air lines are fine. If you have more luggage then Nature air allows you t o bring more luggage dpending on the fare you buy.

3. Re: Nature Air vs Sansa in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:15