We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

My daughter and I are flying to Costa Rica at the end of August for 11 days. We would like some help planning. I have only booked our flight. She heard she might have family there, not that we are looking for them.

Well both love the beach. I would love to see the rain forest and volcanoes. I wanted to visit a near by country if possible. I have already been to Belize this year.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

Combine the Arenal Volcano area 3 or 4 nights, the cloud forest area in Monteverde 2 night and the beaches of Manuel Antonio

2. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 10:58
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

At end of August, plan on visiting Arenal/La Fortuna area and the Caribbean side of the country, around Puerto Viejo. from there you can easily make a trip to Bocas del Toro in Panama if you like for a few days. The weather is normally much better on the Caribbean side this time of the year.

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

My trip has changed a bit. Now we are traveling to Nicaragua then flying out of Costa Rica. My fourth grade class as started research on Nicaragua and that has intrigued me. I always welcome any suggestions from my fellow trip advisors. The forums here have always helped me to enjoy my trips so I will say thank you In advance

Thanks costaricavisitor_12m , costa C, and cubanon for those suggestions. I already began my search.

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

Not sure if this is too much moving around for 11 days - depends when your arrival & departure times are.

Fly into managua....then head for Granada for 1 day, go to Ometepe for 2 days, San Juan del Sur for a couple days, then cross the CR border and head straight for Arenal. Are you flying out of Liberia or San Jose? That will help decide where you go from there.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 22:27
Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

wow that sounds great!.. we are flying out of San Jose..

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

You can fly In at Liberia...visit some of our beaches,,,,maybe Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...Hotel Hacienda Gyachipelin great choice...then to Monteverde,,,to Arenal Volcano...even some time to visit some nice Caribbean beach...then to SJO and fly back home...

Thank yoy for chossing my country...we love nice people like you guys!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

My recommendations of my favorite areas that you can´t miss are :

Manuel Antonio national park : The best combination of a beautiful forest and great beaches at the same place.

Arenal Volcano : The most spectacular volcano of the country with great natural hot springs.

Monteverde : The most important cloud forest of the world

Rincón de la Vieja : the best adventure activities in Costa Rica.

You should not miss this places.

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

Thanks guys. We are flying into Managua, staying for the night. From there heading to San Juan del Sur. we are stopping by a charity organization. I want to do a day trip to Granada. Since is two of us that's twice the price on the things we want to do. We both like the outdoors, never been to a volcano, want to visit rainforest, cloud forest and such.

With all this we need transportation.

We are traveling on a budget. Will this work?

10. Re: Costa Rica family vacation in August please help us plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 10:16