We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste Beach resort?

Sammamish...
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste Beach resort?

My family of six (2 adults/4 teens) will be in Costa Rica in April. My plan was Arenal and Manuel Antonio.

I was wondering if it would it make sense to also do a beach resort in the Guanacaste area? My kids want to do the Costa Rica adventure stuff, but would also like some beach/pool time like we find in Mexico or the Caribbean for a few days before heading back to school. Are there hotels that offer food/drink services on the beach? Beach activities?

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste Beach resort?

I would avoid the resorts up in Guanacaste. They could be anywhere in the world, i.e., and I've heard they're boring. You probably have to go to the resorts up there to get service on the beaches, but why go to CR to do that? It's an especially beautiful, natural place and why not take advantaage of that?

You could try (learning to)surf on the beaches on the Nosara peninsula. Just be aware that once you're off of the main highways anywhere in Costa Rica, the driving is arduous.

No matter what you do, everyone enjoys this wonderful country

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste Beach resort?

True, as the previous poster pointed out, CR is not known for the All Inclusive, generally beautiful locations, some with breakfast, and great restaurants near by.

If you are looking for the AI experience Costa Rican style, try the Westin Playa Conchal starwoodhotels.com/westin/… there you will find a superior stay and food and drinks can be brought down to the beach (I called). Good pool and very favorable recommendations here on the Forum. Have a great holiday.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste Beach resort?

You can try Cala Luna Hotel in Tamarindo or Hotel Diria...nice also and small hotel Capitan Suizo...

Of course Four Seasons or Hilton Papagayo

roadadvisor

4. Re: Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste Beach resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:16