We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

Elk City, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

I will be in CR next week and have looked into interbus but I was considering just using public transportation. My questions are how do I find the schedule and rates and most importantly how safe is it. Thanks.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

Right here my friend, and nice handle!!! http://thebusschedule.com/cr/index.php

The buses are usually quite safe, keep your eye on your bags, and refuse help with them if you feel the least bit cautious.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 23:38
Elk City, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

Okay great, do you have any idea what the rates are? Thanks.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

Took me awhile, but here's a helpful site for pricing..should be under $4.00US each way costaricatripguide.com/transportation/costa-…

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

Check with ALFARO bus company...they are maybe they most traditionally bus service to that part of the country...around $ 9.00 per person...and about 3.5 hours ride...nice buses!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Public Bus San Jose to Tamarindo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:15