We are two familes with three kids ages 5, 6 and 8. We are thinking of visiting Costa Rica for 14 days in December '12 and would like some help with the planning. We would like to do adventure things in the beginning and end with a few quiet days at the beach. With that in mind, we are thinking of flying into San Jose, then renting car and visiting Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and back to San Jose to fly out.
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2, 3, 4 and 5: Arenal
Day 6, 7, 8 and 9: Monteverde
Day 10, 11, and 12: Manuel Antonio
Day 13 and 14: San Jose
1. Are the days set aside too much/too little for a relaxing vacation?
2. We would like to do ziplining, horsback riding and some hiking as well, but are not sure if we should do this in Arenal or Monteverde. Any suggestions?
3. Are there any activities that should specifcally be done only in Arenal and only in Monteverde?
4. Are there any all-inclusive resorts (on the beach) in Manuel Antonio where we could spend our last few days relaxing? If not, what are our options?
5. Can you recommend family-friendly places to stay in San Jose, Arenal, Monteverde, and Manuel Antonio?