We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

Hillsboro, Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

I just want to know if I can get through customs with a misdemeanor C on my record. It was a first offense petty theft. Thanks.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

The immigration staff can refuse entry to Costa Rica for anyone, and sometimes with no more explanation than "No", however, what you need to do is speak to the closest CR Consulate and ask them. You would then have a formal ruling that should allow you to come and have a great vacation. Here is a list of CR consulates for you to contact. explorecostarica.com/newsmanager/publish/Cos…

Good Luck

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

Great advise by cajon traveler better to check with the consulate to make sure.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

Given that Costa Rica is sometimes light-heartedly known as the "home the least wanted or the most wanted" as far as expats living here; I doubt you would have a problem . With only a misdemeanour C, you would be an upstanding citizen compared to many ;-)

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

LOL @ Colin. I guess you, too, have met a number of people who turned out to be fugitives elsewhere.

5. Re: Can I enter costa rica with a misdemeanor C?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:41