We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Suggestion

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Suggestion

Hello,

I've never been to Costa Rica before (just Cuba - twice) and I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to begin some reading!

I'm looking for something similar to Cuba - calm water, excellent snorkelling from the beach/and excursion, and decent food. Not sure what sort of prices I'd be looking at, but hopefully around $2200 max would be ideal.

If you have any suggestions that'd be great! I'm not even sure where to begin looking.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Suggestion

Costa Rica is not really well known for great snorkeling, if you are looking for all inclusives then check Westin Playa Conchal, Riu, if not Flamingo Beach Resort, Tamarindo Diria.

Edited: 19 June 2012, 03:25
atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
245 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Suggestion

That's a lot of money. You really do not need to do an AI in Costa Rica. Areas I would look at are Tamarindo, Manuel Antonio, and the Osa Peninsula (around Puerto Jiminez). Most countries that offer AI do so because it is not safe. That is not the case with CR. I have traveled to CR with small children in tow (left the husband at home to pay for it) and have never done an AI> Think it takes away from the whole experience!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Suggestion

Thanks for your replies :) We've decided to put Costa Rica on hold for now!

4. Re: Resort Suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:16